Gingivitis: Symptoms and Treatment in Adults
From this article you will learn:
- What causes gingivitis,
- What are the forms of this disease,
- Gingivitis in adults - symptoms and treatment at the dentist and at home.
The article is written by a dentist with more than 19 years.
Gingivitis is inflammation of the edge part of the gum adjacent to the teeth, including interdental papillas (Fig. 1-2). In this disease, patients most often impose complaints of bleeding gums, soreness when cleaning teeth, as well as swelling, redness or gums. Gingivitis with the predominance of such symptoms in dentists is customary called the term "catarrhal".
However, in a small percentage of cases, inflammation can also be manifested by the growth of the gums, or even its ulceration and necrosis. The most important feature that distinguishes the gingivitis from other inflammatory gum diseases is that inflammation does not apply to the deeper mucous membrane of the gums. Accordingly, with gingivitis there is no destruction of bone tissue around the teeth, teeth mobility, i.e. Symptoms characteristic of periodontitis.
Gingivitis: photo, scheme
If you have the mobility of some teeth, as well as periodontal pockets, of which in periods of exacerbations can be distinguished by PNIs - such symptoms are not already talking about gingivitis, but about the presence of periodontitis (more severe shape of the gums). You can read more about this disease by reference above. We only note that in most cases its development is a consequence of not timely and / or not effective treatment of gingivitis.
The main forms of Gingivita –
- Catarial gingivitis (Fig.1-8),
- ulcer-necrotic gingivitis (Fig.12-15),
- Hypertrophic gingivitis (Fig.16-18).
In this article we will analyze every form of gingivitis in detail - with the indication of effective drugs and their application schemes. We also list patient errors in the process of self-treatment, which often lead to the development of severe chronic gum inflammation. If you are more interested in - how to treat gingivitis not in adults, but in children, then read more about it in the article: → Gingivitis - symptoms and treatment in children
1. Catarial Gingivitis: Symptoms
Among all patients with gingivitis, this form accounts for more than 97% of cases. Those. This is the most common form of this disease. The term "catarrhal" means that the inflammation is capturing only the gum mucosa (i.e., surfaces flows), without affecting the bone tissue around the teeth and the chub-gantry attachment. In Fig.3-5, you can see - how exactly the catarrhal gingivitis in the oral cavity looks.
The cause of the occurrence - This is exceptionally insufficient oral hygiene, as a result of which a soft microbial tooth flare accumulates in the region of teeth, and the formation of a tartar is accumulated. Bacteria of the dental plaque are isolated toxins and pathogens, which are triggered in the mucous membrane of the gums. At the same time, various chronic diseases or hypovitaminosis of vitamin C are not direct causes of the development of gingivitis, but may be a predisposing factor that enhances the impact of microbial plaque.
Catarial gingivitis: photo
- swelling of the gum edge and interdental papillas,
- redness or bias
- Blooding gums when cleaning teeth,
- soreness when cleaning teeth,
- Itching in the gums
- Usually, the necks of the teeth are visible to the accumulation of microbial plaque.
The appearance of bleeding is associated with an increase in the permeability of the walls of capillaries, the lone of capillaries, a decrease in the thickness of the gum mucosa epithelium. All this occurs as a consequence of the influence of the toxins and pathogens of the microbial laid on the gum mucosa. Most often, the bleeding appears at the time of the exposure to mechanical factors (injured weakened gums), for example, when cleaning teeth or chewing with rough rigid foods.
Pauses when cleaning the teeth also arises due to the thinning of the gum mucosa epithelium. The thinning of the epithelium against the background of the gum inflammation is a natural process, and develops due to an increase in the speed of desquamation of epithelial cells (24stoma.ru).
Forms of catarrhal gingivitis –
There are 2 options for the flow of the catarrhal form of gingivitis. Firstly, this is a sharp catarrhal gingivitis (Fig. 3-4), for which the bright red color of the gums, acute development, sometimes significant bleeding and soreness when cleaning the teeth. With this form of the disease due to pain when cleaning the teeth, patients sometimes refuse the oral hygiene, which leads to an even greater increase in the number of microbial plates, and as a result - further exacerbates the situation.
Secondly, the chronic form of the disease (Fig. 5-6), which is characterized by sluggish symptoms for a long period of time. In this case, the catarrhal gingivitis of the bleeding symptoms will have quite minor, and the painfulness will be absent. The edge of the gums and the seaw-gantry papies will have a blue color. However, the symptoms may occasionally occur periodically, which is usually against the background of the incidence of immunity during the period of colds.
Treatment of gingivitis at home -
Treatment of the catarrhal form of gingivitis will be rapid and efficient when performing 3 conditions. Firstly, the treatment must first of all be aimed at removing a soft microbial flooring and a solid tartar, as the causes of the development of inflammation. Secondly - the conduct of anti-inflammatory therapy, which may include various rinsers and special gels for the gums. The third point is the normalization of the oral hygiene.
The course of anti-inflammatory therapy can be without problems at home, but it can be removed from the surface of the teeth of the teeth and the dentist is only visiting the dentist. The fact is that with the help of ordinary toothbrushes and paste, only the "freshly-educated" soft microbial flare is well removed. And the problem is that in the absence of regular hygiene, a soft microbial flaw in the oral cavity is quickly subjected to mineralization of calcium and phosphorus salts contained in saliva.
After partial mineralization of a soft microbial fall, which occurs on average for 10-16 hours - it hardens, becomes tightly attached to the teeth. So gradually, solid dental sediments are formed and formed (Fig. 7-8), which can no longer be removed, simply cleaned the teeth with a brush and paste. If you start using antiseptic and anti-inflammatory tools for the gums, without removing the inflammation of the gums of the gums - the effect of treatment will be short-lived, and the inflammation itself will become chronic.
How do hard dental deposits look like -
Findings: Please note that dental sediments can not only be well visible appropriate (as in Fig. 7-8), but also fit, which are located slightly below the gum level. Typically, such deposits can be suspected if there is a blessing and bleeding of the gums - with the visible lack of plaque or dental deposits in the area of the teeth necks (Fig. 5). It is possible to reveal and remove the fit toothner again only with the help of dental instruments.
Detailed treatment diagram -
As we have already said above, the treatment of gingivitis is made up of professional cleaning of teeth at the dentist, the course of anti-inflammatory therapy, and that is equally important - patient learning proper oral cavity hygiene (including the use of dental filament).
1) removal of dental sediments -
There are several methods for removing dental deposits, but, given that when the gingivitis, the gums are inflamed and is usually bleeding - it is best to use ultrasound cleaning of teeth (Fig. 9). A special nozzle creates ultrasound fluctuations and breaks the attachment of dental sediments to the surface of the dental enamel. Typically, the procedure takes from 30 to 60 minutes (depending on the number of dental sediments). The procedure is usually painless, but if desired, it can be carried out under anesthesia (video procedures can be viewed on the link above).
At the end of the visit, the dentist will first treat your gum with an antiseptic, after which it will apply an anti-inflammatory gel on it. A good dentist after that will be offered to teach you to properly use a toothbrush and dental thread, and will also assign you a course of home anti-inflammatory therapy. Believe me, for the first day after deleting sediments - you will notice a significant improvement.
Video removal of dental deposits ultrasound -
2) anti-inflammatory therapy -
If you have a gingivitis - treatment at home will imply that you should conduct a course of antiseptic rinsing + applications for gums of a special healing gel. With ordinary catarrhal gingivitis there is no need to carry out such a course at the dentist, because It can be easily done independently. The main thing for this is to choose the right tools for the gums.
Treatment scheme - The standard course of treatment is usually 10 days. The processing of gums is carried out 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening. In the morning, after breakfast, first clean my teeth, then you need to rinse your mouth with an antiseptic solution. It is best for this to use rinsing agents containing antiseptic chlorhexidine. Next, to gain 10-15 ml of solution (1 sip), rinse the mouth for exactly 1 minute. Spit.
The second stage of the morning processing is to apply to the gum of the healing gel. This may be, for example, Gel Bulisal. The gum mucosa is always wet, so that the gel is better fixed - you need to dry the gums dry gauze tampon. Further in front of the mirror (overlooking it so that the gums can be clearly seen) - apply a gel to the edge part of the gums around the teeth with a clean finger. The gel is usually applied only from the front side of the dental rows.
Note that in the process of applying the gel always distinguishes saliva, you do not need to save it or spit. Swallow it as usual. After processing the gum, the gel is important for 2 hours there is nothing, but within 30 minutes after processing - not to drink, and not rinse your mouth. In the evening you must repeat the processing. After cleaning the teeth, rinse the mouth with an antiseptic, and then apply a gel on the gum. And so 8-10 days.
What means it is better to choose - An ordinary 0.05% chlorhexidine solution is suitable for you if you do not have pronounced inflammation and bleeding gums. With strong inflammation, it is better to use solutions with a 0.2-0.25% concentration of chlorhexidine, and even better when such solutions additionally contain aluminum lactate or extracts of medicinal plants - this will even faster reduce the bleeding and inflammation. Some of the best rinsing agents are "Lacalut Activ" and "President AntiBacterial" (for detailed fund rating, see reference below).
If you are using antiseptic solutions (chlorhexidine type), it is best to combine them with gels for gums containing not again antiseptics, but components with anti-inflammatory effect. It may be choline salacilate, phenylsalicylate, eugenol, thymol, etc. This is due to the fact that there is no point in simultaneously using rinsing and gel that only have an antiseptic mechanism of action. In our opinion, the best options for gels with anti-inflammatory effect will be holisal or periodontalocid.
→ The best means for rinsing the mouth, → the rating of the best gels for the gums.
Gingivitis: Photo before and after treatment
Important: Please note how the shiny gum has gripped after the treatment of gingivitis in Fig.10-11. The return of a healthy gum color is primarily due to removal of dental deposits. Without this, even the strongest anti-inflammatory funds will not be able to fully normalize the state of the gums, because toxins and pathogens of microbial deposits and dental sediments will still be influenced.
3) Normalization of oral hygiene -
Note that it is not enough to just cure gingivitis. He will soon arise again if you do not start brushing your teeth correctly and at the same time - regularly. In the absence of regular oral hygiene, the dental flare and the stone is very quickly formed again, and will cause new inflammation. Good hygiene includes not only the use of toothbrush and paste, but also a special dental thread (floss). In order not to clutch this article - we do not give here detailed guea guidelines here, but you can take them into service in our articles:
→ How to properly brush your teeth, → The technique of using the dental thread.
It should also be noted that for the period of treatment of gingivitis, you may need a special soft toothbrush, as well as therapeutic pasta. Soft toothbrush with gingivitis (with "SOFT" labeling, i.e. "soft") - it is necessary only if the cleaning of the teeth causes you pain, and the desire to opt out of hygiene. But it is recommended to use such a brush of dentists only for the period of treatment of gingivitis - no more than 2 weeks, because Soft bristles worse removes a microbial fall.
Examples of toothbrushes with soft bristles –
If you do not use a special rinser for the oral cavity, for example, lacock asset containing aluminum lactate to quickly reduce the bleeding gums, then for cleaning the teeth you can use a special anti-inflammatory toothpaste. Lakalut, Parodontax, President, Asepta, Forest Balsam ... There are a lot of such pastes, and to facilitate you a choice - we have compiled a special rating of such products:
→ "Toothpaste rating for inflammation of the gums"
2. Panish-necrotic gingivitis of Wensen -
Such gingivitis has the official name "ulcer-necrotic gingivitis of Wenzan." Sometimes the terms are used - the gingivitis of the Vensen or ulcerative gingivitis. This is the heaviest form of gingivitis, which is accompanied by the symptoms of intoxication of the body. Distinguish the acute and chronic form of this disease (Fig.12-15).
Causes of occurrence A meaningful role in development plays critically bad oral hygiene when there is a significant increase in the mass of the microbial deposit on the teeth (especially fuzobacteria and spirochet). Under these conditions, the local immunity of the oral sheath membrane ceases not to cope with a large number of toxins allocated by pathogenic bacteria. As a result, the foci of necrosis of the mucous membrane arise and its ulceration.
A starting factor that launching the development of ulcer-necrotic gingivitis against the background of poor oral hygiene can become a sharp decrease in immunity or exacerbation of severe accompanying chronic diseases of the body. But these factors are only predispose, the main reason is bad hygiene and the accumulation of microbial plaque and / or toothache.
Acute ulcer-necrotic gingivitis: photo
Chronic ulcer-necrotic gingivitis: photo
Non-necrotic gingivitis: symptoms and treatment in adults with visual inspection it can be found that the gums are covered with a whore-plated or yellowish flare, there are areas of gums of ulceration, part of the gantry puffs are necrotized. In the acute course of the disease, patients complain of high temperature, loss of appetite, headaches, rotten smell of mouth, bleeding and gum pain (Fig.12-13). In the chronic flow of gingivitis, the venasan symptomatics is less pronounced (Fig.14-15).
How to cure ulceal necrotic gingivitis - treatment is carried out exclusively at the dentist, and urgently. The basis of treatment is the removal of dental deposits, including the mandatory scraping of the necrotic plaque. The raid, along with dental sediments, is well removed using a conventional ultrasonic tip (scalera), followed by removing residues with a carpety spoon. Next are prescribed, antibiotics, antiseptic rinsing, anti-inflammatory agents.
- Antibiotic therapy - The prescribed antibiotics should be effective against fuzobacteria and spirochete, therefore, a combined drug of amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid "Amoxiclav" in tab is usually prescribed. (For adults - 500 mg of amoxicillin + 125 mg of clavulanic acid, which are used 3 times a day - during the first day of the disease, and 2 times a day for the next 6 days).
In parallel with Amoxiclav, you need to take antibiotic trichopol (metronidazole) - 500 mg 3 times a day, only 7 days. In parallel with this, you must use antiseptic rinsing 0.2-0.25% solution of chlorhexidine, as well as gel for the gums - better than meterogildren, but if there is soreness of the gum, then holoval.
Important :The use of antibiotics and antiseptics at home (without deleting sediments and necrotic plates) leads to the transition of acute necrotic gingivitis into a chronic form - with gradual increasing gum necrosis, dental root roots, as well as constant intoxication of the body. Therefore, urgent visit to the dentist is obligatory. Under the elevation of inflammation, the means to accelerate the epithelization of the mucous membrane are prescribed, for example, solcosyrilgel.
3. Hypertrophic gingivitis -
Hypertrophic gingivitis is a chronic type of gum inflammation. With it, it is noted an increase in the volume of gums, which can occur either due to the resistant chronic edema of the gums (which practically does not react to anti-inflammatory therapy), or due to its fibrous growth. The hypertrophic form of gingivitis most often occurs only on the front surface of the dental rows.
Causes of occurrence - Most often occurs during endocrine disorders, toxicosis of pregnant women (gingivitis of pregnant women), in hormonal shifts in adolescents (juvenile gingivitis), as well as in bite impairment and in the presence of local traumatic factors - hanging seals and crowns. In some cases, the gum hypertrophy is a consequence of a long-flowing chronic catarrhal gingivitis.
Hypertrophic gingivitis - symptoms and treatment will depend on the form of this disease, i.e. From what is caused by an increase in the gum (edema or its fibrous growth). In accordance with this, the edema and fibrous form of hypertrophic gingivitis is isolated.
- Emirates (Fig.16-17) - Dutch papillas in this form are increased not due to the growth of tissues, but at the expense of their edema. Accordingly, they will not be dense, but loose. It is this form of gingivitis most often developing in pregnant women and in adolescents against the background of hormonal shifts. At the beginning of treatment it is necessary to remove dental sediments and anti-inflammatory therapy.
If the effect of these measures is insignificant, then the sclerosing therapy is used, when against the background of anesthetic, the sclerosive solution is injected into the eduction gums. The solutions of 40% glucose, 25% magnesium sulfate, 10% calcium chloride are used. In each papilla, 0.1-0.2 ml of solution is administered. Course - 3 or 4 injections in each gantry panery. The intervals between the injection series are usually 1-2 days. In the absence or deficiency of the effect of such therapy - prednisolone injections are carried out into the gums.
- Fibrous form (Fig.18.19) - Dutch papillas in this form are dense, and not loose like with sink form. This is due to the fact that an increase in the volume of gums occurred not at the expense of edema, but due to the growth of fibrous connective tissue. Treatment begins with eliminating traumatic factors (hanging edges seals, crowns, as well as in the case of a traumatic bite - conducting electoral sealing of teeth). In parallel, removal of dental sediments.
The main method of treating fibrous form is the surgical excision of the tissues of the gums (Fig. 19-21). After excision, the course of anti-inflammatory therapy is assigned, for example, therapeutic bandages with heparin ointment, hydrocortisone and other drugs. It should be noted that in the absence of treatment, a long-term swelling form of hypertrophic gingivitis - can easily go into fibrous.
Gingivitis: Treatment at home
Once again we will pay your attention at a very important point - the treatment of gingivitis in adults at home is possible only in terms of the course of anti-inflammatory therapy. At home, you can successfully use antiseptic rinsing and appliques for the treatment of catarrhal gingivitis, but to remove dental sediments you will still have to visit the dentist.
Small example : A person has a bleeding gums and he decides to take advantage of the means he heard in advertising. These can be different gels, rinsing or anti-inflammatory toothpastes. And indeed, while a person uses such means - bleeding decreases, or it disappears completely. But as soon as the use of funds stops - the gums begin to bleed again, plus their swelling and redness returns.
The reason for this is quite a banal - a person tried to treat symptoms (such as bleeding, soreness, swelling) - without removing the cause of these symptoms (microbial fall, as well as solid over- and fit dental sediments). In advertising of various dental funds, they do not talk about the causes of bleeding or the need to remove dental deposits. Moreover, for quite understandable reasons ... We hope that our article on the topic: Gingivitis symptoms and treatment in adults, photos - it turned out to be useful for you!
1. Add. Vocational education of the author in periodontology, 2. Based on the personal experience of the periodontologist, 3. National Library of Medicine (USA), 4. American Academy of Periodontology (USA), 5. "Non-surgical periodontal treatment" (Rodkati M.).
The content of the article
- Causes of inflammatory process
- What to rip the inflamed gums, what medicines will help when inflammation
- Than you can rinse inflamed gums, folk remedies
- How to improve immunity and remove allergies if the gums inflamed, and nothing to rinse
- Trace elements that can help
- What diseases are a state provoctern
- Prevention of inflammation of the gums
The swelling of the tissues of the lower or upper jaw may not always be associated with caries. To remove redness and painful sensations, you have to resort to the use of medical preparations or use the folk methods. In the article, we will tell you how to rinse the oral cavity and teeth, if the sickness sick inflamed, what pellembrants are better suited for inflammation, and there are alternative solutions from pain.
Causes of inflammatory process
The saliva contains a large number of microorganisms that can be called useful. They provide maintenance of normal microflora. But when eating, smoking and excessive coffee consumption, this microworld is broken, other microorganisms fall into it - pathogenic. The elimination of the consequences of local lesion by the microbes is not so difficult.
To start rinse the gums during inflammation is necessary, the faster, the better. The first symptoms can appear in the initial stage of the development of the process and express in the form of swelling, redness, and pain.
The main risk factors that negatively act on the oral cavity are:
- Genetic conditionality.
- Smoking. Very much destroys enamel - protective shell.
- Lack of minerals and vitamins in the body. Many Northerners complain that due to the consumption of the small amount of natural fruits and vegetables, problems with teeth appear.
- The poor-quality work of the dentist, including the use of seals from base materials.
- Violation of digestion, stomach disorder or other gastrointestinal bodies.
- Cardiovascular diseases. Because of them, blood supply can be broken.
- Change hormonal background. Often difficulties arise during pregnancy.
- Infectious diseases.
- Poor-quality personal hygiene. It is not enough to use toothpaste and brush once a day to ensure proper care.
- Changed bite that often complicates the execution of all hygienic procedures.
- Mechanical disruption of the mucous membrane, for example, scratch or small wound.
- Weak immunity.
What to rip the inflamed gums, what medicines will help when inflammation
At first it is necessary to determine what the cause of the tumor and redness, since the choice of medication depends on this.
All of them are divided into three categories, in accordance with the basic relevant effects:
- Antiseptics and preparations containing antibiotics. They are intended to prevent the spread of bacterial infection. Most often are prescribed by dentists in serious diseases or after the accounted operations on the gums, including after the nerve removal and breaking the wisdom teeth.
- Anti-inflammatory. They are intended to relieve an inflammatory process, reduce pain, eliminate the tumor and redness.
- Solutions combining the two effects above, that is, their combination. They are the most effective.
The best way out of the situation is to act according to the doctor's testimony.
Only a qualified specialist can prescribe a treatment that will not harm. But if your admission is appointed the next day, it is worth using medicines that will definitely not damage, but they can have a positive effect on the dynamics of treatment, remove the first signs. Below will imagine their list.
This is an inexpensive drug, effective for the purpose of disinfection of the skin and mucous membranes. They can process not only scratches and abrasions, but also any rings in the mouth, including after the intervention of the dentist. He kills bacteria well, however, cannot protect against fungal or viral infection.
Rinse with a solution with a concentration of 0.05% can be carried out from 2 to 6 times a week. An important remark - chlorhexidine can not be used for a long time, since it acts on useful and flushes microflora in the oral cavity together with pathogenic bacteria.
Somewhat more expensive, although the effect can be called similar. The scope of application is much wider, because the medication not only kills the maximum number of pathogenic microorganisms, but also removes inflammation and irritation of mucous membranes.
It is also prescribed during stomatitis or herpes.
It has a lot of distribution, because it is considered absolutely safe even when swallowed with pregnant women or children.
Concentrated preparation that needs to be diluted with water before use. He perfectly eliminates the inflammatory process, thanks to a large number of medicinal components of plant origin: chamomiles, oak bark, arnica, etc. Rinse is required for 10 days 2-4 times. But you need to be careful - the composition contains alcohol, so it is not recommended to use it.
In fact, it is the same chlorhexidine, but the solution contains a much larger than the active substance, the concentration of which is 0.15%. Therefore, the price is somewhat higher.
Applying the medication should be less likely - 2 times a day, starting from 12 years. Effects have several:
- Removing edema.
- Elimination of a bacterial focus.
The effect of medication is very wide, many know this alcohol tincture on herbs as a drug to eliminate throat pain. It is an excellent tool than you can rinse the inflamed gum with strong pain. How it acts:
- Removes spasms.
- Removes swelling.
- Accelerates tissue healing.
The solution is very concentrated, alcohol.
It must be diluted with water, and then use 3 times a day after each meal, a total of 5 days. Until the achievement of 18 years, it is prohibited from the high concentration of alcohol. The remaining existing components are natural squeezes, plant extracts. The cost of one bottle is small and does not exceed 40-50 rubles.
Especially relevant use of a solution of this medication with strong inflammatory processes, suppurations, gum seals. In addition, the agent effectively helps in the case of cuts, open wounds in the oral cavity. If a bacterial infection is not cured in this way, the doctor will prescribe antibiotics.
For use, it is necessary to dissolve 1 tablespoon of fluid in a glass of clean water. With regular rinse, the Nayns are opened, and the pus comes out.
This method is so effective that dentists use it with small operations and procedures for complete deliverance from purulent masses.
Anti-inflammatory and healing solution, additionally being an antiseptic and anesthetic. The composition is completely natural ingredients (more than 100, among which there is no alcohol). But the use is allowed only outdoor, the reception inside is strictly prohibited. Contraindications and side effects are not detected, the tool is allowed even for children. It is considered not a medicament, but homeopathic. A wide range of applications can be attributed to the features, because active substances have a directional action not only on bacteria, but also on fungi and even viruses.
The use of antimicrobial antiseptic medication is possible in two versions - point capening of the wound and rinse. The main component is eucalyptus extract, so the aroma and taste is pleasant, refreshing breathing. The needles gives liquid saturated green. The drug very quickly heals the wrecks both on the skin and on the mucous membrane. He cleans his swelling well and relieves redness. If gunnings have already formed in the cavity, the solution will prevent the dissemination of infection.
Regularity rinsing depends on which components are part of. Before use, carefully read the instructions.
But in most cases, it is enough three to five times a day, that is, after each meal, so that there is no more irritation in the affected zone.
Than you can rinse inflamed gums, folk remedies
We strongly recommend consultation with a dentist before using any drug and do not engage in self-medication. The doctor may suggest cure light forms of diseases and inflammatory conditions at home. This may not only be an additional method, but also the main method of therapeutic effects.
Also, it is also very effective to use irrigate for the oral cavity that contribute to the removal of plaque, food residues from interdental intervals and gum mass production. Below will introduce effective recipes recommended by the dentists, which can be used both independently and fill in the device.
In warm boiled water (not hot) you need to add food soda. Proportions - 250 ml of liquid on 1 teaspoon of powder. To get another antimicrobial effect, put a pinch of salt into the mug, but not in cases where the open wound is in the mouth. Before rinse, mix everything thoroughly.
Promptly helps with inflammation of the root of the tooth. Kornefloda must be grate in a small grater. The obtained 15 grams of Cashitz pour half a glass of water. This infusion must be stolen and leave in a cool place for 12 hours. Then you can carry rinsing. Additional result - cleansing and strengthening of dental enamel.
Excellent means than you can rinse the inflamed gum. It is recommended by the dentists themselves, and butes. Beeswax is a very powerful antiseptic. Therefore, it can be applied to a compress, like a chewing, and, having risen, rinse.
There are various oily substances in pharmacies, and the extracts of tea tree, sea buckthorn, cumin are used most often in dental purposes. They not only remove pain, but also clean redness. With them you can impose cotton compresses.
Herbs with a health effect can be purchased in a dried form in the nearest pharmacy point. Suitable:
- St. John's wort;
- Oak bark;
All of them have an anti-inflammatory effect. To use the plant you need to grind into powder, brew boiling water, and then cool and strain. You can conduct a procedure from 2 to 6 times a day.
This is a mineral product of biological origin. It is mined in the Altai Territory. The substance perfectly contributes to the regeneration of tissues. 3 grams need to dissolve in a small amount of water (per 1-2 approach).
Jean tincture on alcohol
The vegetable is rubbed on a shallow grater and is poured with an alcohol-containing drink without unnecessary fonders, for example, neutral vodka or moonshine.
For 20-30 days, the components in the dark cool room should be insteaded, periodically shaking.
When the solution is ready, it can be breeding on one teaspoon on a glass of liquid.
How to improve immunity and remove allergies if the gums inflamed, and nothing to rinse
In such cases, doctors prescribe immunocorrectors and antihistamines. Their main functions are to protect and strengthen the body, remove the infectious effect, and also prevent allergies.
Trace elements that can help
The lack of beneficial substances can lead to loosening of teeth and bleeding. Vitamin C has a particular positive effect, it eliminates inflammation well, and also produces a fitting effect.
What diseases are a state provoctern
Dental diseases that are most often diagnosed with inflammatory process:
- Periodontitis. This is the inflammation of the periodontal, that is, the binder tissue that holds the tooth in its place. The root system also suffers. Often occurs after transferred pulpitis.
- Perodontitis. The gums begin to root, bleed, which leads to swelling and suppuration.
- Gingivitis. Usually, the mucous membranes and the edge part are suffering in the process, including interdental nipples.
Prevention of inflammation of the gums
In preventive purposes, it is necessary:
- Adhere to healthy diet, eat more fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Refuse smoking, reduce the consumption of black coffee, tea.
- Constantly engage in hygiene - both daily and professional, to pass surveys from the dentist.
- Use tooth thread.
In the article, we told than rinse your mouth to remove inflammation, which medications can be applied at home when the gums were inflated.
In the case of the formation of a tumor, redness, suppuration, it is necessary to refer to the competent specialists "Dentiki".
Inflammation of the gum is a general concept that implies surface and deep inflammatory processes. Everything is faced with this problem, and in the absence of due attention to the state of the oral cavity, inflammation can lead to serious consequences up to the loss of healthy teeth. It is important in time to recognize not only the inflammation that has begun, but also to assess the depth of its distribution, get the qualified assistance of the dentist and prevent complications.
Causes of inflammation of the gums
The gum may infamous for various reasons. The most common of them is the wrong, irregular oral hygiene. The accumulation of plaque and active reproduction of pathogenic flora as a result leads to inflammatory reactions. Refusal to use rinsing and dental threads, a brush with inappropriate bristles - all this leads to the fact that particles of food remain in the interdental gaps, which are nutritious medium for microorganisms.
The accumulation of a soft fly in the future leads to the formation of solid dental sediments - a dental stone. It contributes to the reproduction of bacteria, and the sharp edges of formations injure soft tissues, provoking reactive inflammation.
Other factors can aggravate the situation:
- The overall weakening of the body's protective forces: with systemic diseases transferred operations and infections;
- Reducing local protective forces as a result of injury: damage can be associated with the use of brush with rigid bristles, the presence of orthopedic and orthodontic structures, sharp edges of seals and crowns of teeth;
- weakening tissues as a result of a chemical or thermal burn;
- Lack of vitamins D and group B, as well as other micronutrients: This may be due to both a scanty ration and violations of the process of assimilation of vitamins and microelements from food in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Endocrine pathologies: diabetes mellitus, disorders of the function of the thyroid gland;
- Harmful habits: smoking, alcohol consumption;
- Reception of some drugs: oral contraceptives, funds for normalization of blood pressure, antidepressants, antibiotics, etc.
If gums inflamed, it is important to find out the causes of the state. Turning to the dentist, tell him about the diseases known for you, transferred interventions and injuries. The elimination of the cause will help to prevent the recurrence of the disease in the future.
Types of inflammation
Two types of inflammatory processes in the gum area - gingivitis and periodontitis are distinguished. Gingivitis - the surface inflammation of the gums, in which the pathological process is not involved in the sedentine compound. Usually we are talking about the inflammation of the gums of the gums between the teeth, while the disease is not dangerous for the teeth themselves: it does not provoke their mobility. Gingivitis is classified as follows:
- Deskvamativative: characterized by a critical and noticeable hauncing of the upper layer of tissues of inflamed gums;
- Hypertrophic: This species is characterized by an increase in the size of the sewage puffs, their color may vary from red to the blue. The degree of gravity is determined by the scope of the gums - it can close more than half the height of the crown of the teeth. Often meets in adolescents, pregnant women;
- Atrophic: in contrast to hypertrophic, this type of gingivitis is characterized by a decrease in the volume of tissues of the gums;
- Yazinnaya: This inflammatory process is distinguished by the presence of a strong tooth and the appearance of an ulcer on the gums;
- A sharp necrotic: recorded in the ICD separately. The cause of such inflammation is a bacterial infection. The disease is accompanied by the intimidation of the tissues of interdental papillas;
- Acute catarrhal: This is one of the most common types of gingivitis, for which the redness, swelling and bleeding of the gums are characteristic.
The absence of timely assistance may entail the transition of acute inflammation into a chronic form, as well as lead to the development of periodontitis. Genodontitis differs from gingivitus in the fact that deeply located fabrics connecting the roots of the teeth and the bone structure are involved in the inflammatory process. At the same time, the gums can be flawed from the tooth, forming a sedental pocket, where the remains of food and a soft flare accumulate, which aggravates the situation. Penodontitis complications are purulent processes and mobility of teeth with a high risk of their dropping.
And gingivitis, and periodontitis can be local and generalized. In the first case, inflammation is limited to a certain area, in the second - covers all the teeth of the jaw. Local limited inflammation is most often due to injury, general - with the action of other adverse factors.
Main manifestations and symptoms
Recognize gum inflammation is easy. The following symptoms may appear:
- redness, edema gums;
- increased sensitivity of soft tissues;
- Bloodfaction associated with the weakening of small blood vessels;
- Characteristic loose surface of the gum;
- Unpleasant smell of mouth.
There are specific manifestations: with running periodontitis, purulent discharge appear, the body temperature can be raised. With ulcerative gingivitis, ulcerations are noticeable on the surface of soft tissues. Atrophic gingivitis can lead to the exposure of the necks of the teeth and the appearance of increased sensitivity to cold and hot food.
If inflammatory is observed on the gum, you must contact the dentist. The treatment of periodontal diseases is engaged in the periodontalist, however, to diagnose many inflammatory diseases of the gums and to provide first aid to a dentist-therapist. Diagnostics includes several basic methods:
- Visual inspection. The doctor will appreciate the external state of the gum, and can also detect the causes of inflammation: carious cavities, cracks and chips enamel, incorrectly installed structures.
- Poll: A specialist will collect history, asked questions about the lifestyle, suffering from diseases, the general state of health.
- Instrumental research. If there are periodontal pockets, their depth is necessarily measured, and sensing is used for this. With the help of a tweezers, the doctor will determine the mobility of the teeth.
- Radiography, orthopantomography. These methods are used to determine the severity of periodontitis, the depth of the pathological process. The doctor can also be convinced of the absence or presence of complications of purulent processes, for example periodontitis.
Sometimes it is advisable to perform bacteriological crops to determine which pathogen provoked inflammation. The method provides for the detection of sensitivity to antibiotics.
The diagram of treating the gum is developed individually, depending on the identified disease, general well-being and the degree of expression of pathology. There are several methods of therapy, which can be divided into local and systemic ways of exposure.
Rinse in the mouth
Dentists welcome the rinsing of the oral cavity as a method for the prevention of diseases, but the funds used in therapeutic purposes differ in composition and action. Rinse allows you to solve a number of tasks: remove the residues of food and a mild dental flare, reduce the severity of unpleasant symptoms, prevent the pathogenic organisms to multiply. It is better to use pharmacy means than to prepare solutions yourself. The doctor may assign one of the following solutions:
- based on chlorhexidine;
- Based on plant antimicrobial components;
- Preparations with the addition of ethyl alcohol: used with caution, only in diluted form.
Independent preparation of solutions is associated with certain difficulties: it is more difficult to calculate the dosage and ensure the necessary concentration of substances, it is not recommended to store a ready-made means - every time you have to prepare a fresh portion. Taking into account the frequency of rinsing up to 4-6 times a day, it will not be easy to fulfill the latest recommendation. However, sometimes you can use chamomile chamomos, calendula, sage, oak bark. It is important to remember that allergic reactions are possible on plant components, and the oak bark with long-term use can cause changes to the shade of the enamel of the teeth. It is also necessary to coordinate the use of the selected tool with the doctor.
Local funds: ointment, gels
If the rinsing involves a short-term effect on the tissue, then applying ointments and gels allows you to achieve a longer exposure. Most pharmacy funds do not have a pronounced systemic action. Such medicines from gum inflammation are several species:
- Anti-inflammatory: They include antibacterial drugs, antiseptics, such as metronidazole, chlorhexidine, etc. They are designed to stop the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria and destroy them;
- Healing and accelerating regeneration: based on regenerants and reparants in the composition, stimulate the process of restoring the normal structure of tissues;
- Antifungal: This is the specific means used in dental practice less often. They are used in the case of the diagnosis of fungal or combined infection, with which the gum inflammation is associated;
- Package: Some ointments contain lidocaine or other local anesthetics, which make it possible to effectively cope not only with pain, but also with itching, as well as increased sensitivity.
Most funds are combined: combine several components at once, which makes it possible to simplify and speed up the treatment process.
Toothpastes are not an independent way to treat inflammatory gum disease. However, in many cases it is advisable to use them additionally to the main course of therapy. The paste may include the following components:
- Herbs extracts with anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effect: chamomile extracts, sage, propolis, echinacea, etc.;
- mineral salts;
- Anti-diagnosis components;
- Hxetidine - antiseptic.
Abrasive particles in such pastas are absent or have extremely small sizes. This allows you to gently clean the teeth without injury to the surface of the enamel and soft tissues. Use anti-inflammatory toothpastes on an ongoing basis is not recommended, they can be used to 4-6 weeks.
System Action Preparations
What exactly to drugs to treat the inflammation of the gums, the doctor recommends. In some cases, local exposure is not enough, and the specialist can prescribe medicines for intake. Basic groups of drugs:
- Antibacterial drugs. Used in generalized inflammation forms, usually with periodontitis. The high-spectrum antibiotics are used for an unspected infection, narrow - when performing certain bacteriological research and the presence of accurate information about the pathology pathology.
- Antifungal agents. Used in the case of fungal infection of the oral cavity.
- Immunomodulators. The doctor can recommend them as an independent means or as part of comprehensive therapy.
- Antihistamine medicines. Allow you to remove swelling, stop allergic reactions, prevent the occurrence of unwanted reactions to other drugs.
As a supplement to the main course of treatment, the reception of vitamin and mineral complexes can be appointed.
Medical and preventive measures in the clinic
If the gums inflamed after the treatment of the tooth, the installation of a crown or another design, you can contact your doctor. In many cases, the correction of a seal or crown, grinding and polishing make it possible to eliminate the cause of the inflammatory response. In cases where inflammation occurs not immediately after dental procedures or the reaction is generalized, it is necessary to visit the periodontologist. What can the doctor recommend? Possible options:
- Professional oral hygiene. Cleaning teeth in hygienist twice a year must be used even to healthy people. In acute inflammation, the procedure will have to postpone, but after the painful symptoms subsided, it is important to get rid of a dental plaque and stone. Today, ultrasound cleaning is widely used to eliminate solid dental deposits, as well as the AIR FLOW method to eliminate a soft welding.
- Physiotherapy. There are several types of physiotherapy, helping to consolidate the results of the main course of treatment:
- Darsonvalization: it is used in the absence of purulent processes. The effect on the tissue with high frequency currents allows to improve blood supply and rather cope with the ailment;
- Electrophoresis: The method combines the effect of current and the use of drugs. Vitamins solutions can be used to strengthen the vascular wall, improving blood flow;
- Massage: The effect on the tissue is performed by applying the vacuum apparatus. This is necessary to improve the blood flow and outflow of lymph, eliminate swelling.
Usually, the course of physiotherapy consists of at least 5 sessions.
Methods of prevention
To minimize the risk of gum inflammation, it is important to use suitable toothpaste and brush, and also not to abandon the use of dental thread. Twice a year is recommended to pass professional hygiene. It can be combined with planned inspections from a dentist's doctor. When detecting diseases of teeth, it is necessary to proceed to their treatment as soon as possible.
If the disease has already shown himself, it is important to choose the right tools from the inflammation of the gums. Many patients resort to popular treatments: rinsing salts and soda solutions or dummies of medicinal herbs. But it is important to remember that some methods are not only inffective, but also make a danger. Thus, with inflammatory processes of any type, warming procedures should be avoided, the use of tinctures on alcohol, funds that can cause mucous burns.
Only the doctor can prescribe drugs. We do not recommend to engage in self-treatment - the appeal to a qualified dentist will help faster and more efficiently cope with the ailment and prevent complications. Accurate diagnosis and comprehensive approach are the most important conditions for rapid recovery. Make an appointment with the doctor in the clinic "Stoma" you can by phone or through a special form on the site.
The mucous membrane of the oral cavity may be subjected to the negative effect of malicious bacteria provoking inflammatory reactions in soft tissues. It causes redness, swelling and painful sensations in the gums. All this negatively reflects in the state of a person and makes a smile less beautiful.
The causes of inflammation of the gums
The reasons for inflammation of the gums are quite a lot. They can be caused by systemic and local factors. Local belongs to:
Mechanical lean injury during teeth cleaning;
Formation of dental stone;
teething of wisdom teeth;
Pulpitis and caries;
Not observance of the hygiene of the oral cavity.
Painful sensations may appear due to the root of the tooth, affected by the pulpit or caries. The reason for this may be the treatment of the tooth, as a result of which the inflammation of the gums began. Also may be associated with injuries of channels and a bad seal.
System factors include:
diseases of the stomach and intestines;
weakened immune system;
Reaction to the reception of medicines.
When inflammation, the gums appear symptoms that are pronounced. These include swelling, hyperemia of soft tissues, painful feelings for chewing food. There may also be an unpleasant odor of the oral cavity, the bleeding of the gums, the destruction of the tooth, rose above the tooth, the rise of temperature, the formation of a light beam, excessive susceptibility of the teeth.
In dental problems, an inflammatory process is noted in the lower gum, mainly in the field of the front teeth, as well as in the field of wisdom teeth.
If you do not provide timely treatment, then deep pockets in the gums and other complications may appear, which can lead to the loss of the tooth.
Varieties of inflammation
As a result of inflammation of the gums, other diseases of the oral cavity may appear, namely:
pathologies of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity associated with mechanical, chemical or physical damage;
oral disease due to specific malicious microorganisms;
The damage to the mucosa as a result of allergies.
Treatment of the house
For the treatment of inflammatory processes in the gums, you can resort to homemade means.
Chlorhexidine. The drug in the form of a solution is used to disinfect the oral cavity from malicious microorganisms. Rinse need 5 times a day.
Rotokan. The drug, which contains vegetable components. You need to rinse your mouth 3 times a day.
Fucylin. Antibacterial agent for rinse the oral cavity every 2 hours.
Ointment and gels:
Holovaal. He copes with swelling, suppresses pain.
Parodontocid. The composition contains vegetable oils. Apply on the gum 2-3 times a day for 8-10 days.
Heparin ointment. Helps to achieve an anti-inflammatory effect. You need to rub in the gum 2 times a day.
Lakalut asset. Reduces swelling, has an antiseptic effect.
Parodontax. Changes with inflammatory reactions and edema.
To improve blood flow in the gums, you can make a massage with a toothbrush while cleaning teeth or hands.
With massage, you need to stroke your fingers, rub, squeeze and squeeze the gums. Massage is worth every day in the morning and in the evening.
In addition to treating ointments and gels, it is worth taking care of the reception of vitamin supplements that will help maintain the health of the oral cavity. The inflammation of the gum may be associated with a lack of vitamins A, RR, d, as well as calcium minerals and phosphorus.
Treatment in the Dentist Cabinet
In dentistry, doctors may resort to medication or appoint operational intervention.
With inflammation, the gums prescribe antibiotics to stop the spread of infection. In addition to antibiotics, anti-inflammatory agents can be used: ibuprofen, ketoprofen, ketorolac.
Surgical intervention is necessary in the event of an exposure of the neck of the tooth, which is due to the long inflammation of soft tissues. Surgical methods include:
Patchwork. It is necessary in the case of a severe form of periodontitis when there is probability to remain without a tooth.
Open Curetzh. Conducted to treat periodontitis. Allows you to get rid of malicious microorganisms.
Exciration of the hood. It is carried out in the case of severe teething of wisdom, which leads to the inflammation of the gums.
Forecast and complications
If you follow all the recommendations of the doctor and use drugs, then you can get rid of the diseases of the oral cavity. The prolonged process of inflammation without timely therapy can cause a number of complications: tenting and loss of teeth, the appearance of pus, the risk of dental root.
In order to prevent the diseases of the oral cavity, follow the recommendations for the care of the oral cavity:
Every day brushing your teeth (in the morning and evening), use dental thread;
timely savage of the oral cavity;
abandon the bad habits, tobacocuria is negatively reflected in the state of the teeth;
Full diet. Every day there are vegetables, fruits, not abuse sweet;
Take vitamin complexes that will allow maintaining the health of the entire body.
The inflammation of the gum begins as a result of the weakening of the immune system and not comply with the rules of hygiene to care for the oral cavity. The use of drugs that take offense and pain at home will significantly improve the state and suppress the symptoms, but will not allow to completely eliminate the problems. Proper treatment can be prescribed only a dentist.
Why gums are inflamed
Before thinking about how to remove the inflammation of the gums, you need to understand the cause of the problem.
6 common factors provoking the appearance of inflammation:
- Mechanical damage during teeth care. People clean their teeth are wrong, use rinsers who do not fit them. Sometimes the inflammatory process is also provoked by the use of dental thread when it goes too deep and starts to cut the gum.
- Deposit on enamel. Manifested due to irregular oral hygiene, when a lot of plates remain on the teeth. Often the problem is provoked by the gradual increase in the dental stone.
- Problems with the teeth of wisdom. When third molars are beginning to rub off, patients of dentists often experience discomfort and pain. The gums at the location of the tooth begins to inflame, the process gradually applies further.
- Teeth diseases. Often inflammation becomes the first sign of pulpitis or caries.
- Incorrect dental procedures. The problem is manifested if the doctor made violations in compliance with sanitary standards or violated disinfection technology in treating, removing, prosthetics, implantation.
- Complicated flow of the recovery period after surgical intervention. Even if everything was carried out in accordance with the rules, there is a risk of complications from the human body. And such complications are manifested in the inflammatory process. With his occurrence, you need to turn to your attending physician.
Also do not forget about the correct oral hygiene. The activity of bacteria and insufficient attention to the cleaning of teeth lead to the fact that the gums are inflamed.
Knowing the first of the above reasons should be remembered about the balance and proper cleaning. It is better to consult with a dentist about what a brush, toothpaste and the rinse will fit in your case.
In order to prevent such a problem, it is important to undergo treatment only at an experienced dentist. Then such reasons will be excluded as incorrect channeling of channels or sealing, violation of sanitary standards in the workplace.
You should also not forget that systemic lesions of the body are also provoked by the problems with the gums.
Sugar diabetes belongs to the most common provocaters. The gums are inflamed with a reduced immunity, receiving a number of drugs, hormonal imbalance, lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Therefore, the dentist often gives recommendations for visiting the doctors of another profile.
How the gum inflammation is manifested
The process has three signs:
- Desna swells.
- Pain appears.
- The inflamed place is felt warmer than the neighboring sites.
Another symptomtics depends on the cause that provokes the phenomenon.
Among the common additional symptoms:
- Bleeding when cleaning the teeth, metal taste in the mouth.
- Department of pus.
- Increase body temperature in a patient.
- Strong sensitivity of teeth next to the affected place to hot, cold and sour.
- Sharing tooth.
- Noticeable unpleasant smell of mouth.
- Formation on gums of white plaque.
Symptoms are manifested by both themselves and when consuming food or cleaning teeth. The inflammation is subject to gums, both on the top and on the lower jaw.
At the first signs, it costs as quickly as possible to get to the dentist - the problem can progress and lead to the loss of tooth.
Recognize the process can also at home. The affected areas are blushing, they appear white raid. At the same time there are complaints about the listed symptoms.
Views of inflammatory diseases
There are two categories of diseases provoking the development of such a process. These include:
- Diseases affecting soft fabrics. They are provoked by injury gums. It comes due to mechanical pressure, chemical burn.
- Diseases of the mucous membrane. Most often, they are provoked by infection or fungi. These include diseases such as stomatitis, gingivitis, periostitis, periodontitis.
Only a doctor calls the exact reason. A visual study of the oral cavity is carried out, it will also be necessary to pass tests to various pathogens.
How to quickly remove the inflammation of the gums
To combat such a disease, different approaches are used. It is important to eliminate the initial problem, then remove the symptoms and take care of the prevention so that the inflammation does not return again.
Consider the proven treatments of treatment.
Gels, solutions and ointments
The principle of use is to apply to the surface of the gums. Requires soft and gentle rubbing.
Among the most effective drugs:
- Holovaal . Apply for inflamed places twice a day. Course treatment - from 7 to 10 days. The remedy has a soft soothing effect and quickly removes swelling from the affected area.
- Parodontocid . The principle and the duration of reception are the same as Holtisal. The composition is effective due to a large number of essential oils in the composition.
- Metrogil Denta . Fights with microbes. Used with the same periodicity as the two drugs above.
- Heparinovaya ointment . Twice a day gently rubbed into the gum. Removes swelling, kills microbes, soothes the fabric and reduces pain.
- Tramel S. . Used as appliqué for four weeks. Natural preparation with a pronounced effect.
The patient always arises the question - what to choose, ointment or gel. Ointments are worse absorbed, but give the best effect.
The gel is easier to use, but it will be necessary to apply longer. The level of efficiency differs depending on the characteristics of the human body and the occurrence of the disease.
Funds of traditional medicine
Despite the fact that many are skeptical about traditional medicine, the applicable components have a pronounced soothing, antiseptic and anesthetic effect.
The same calendula extracts are actively used as part of ointments and gels, so why not use the plant directly.
The main thing is not to engage in self-medication until the doctor approved the funds you have chosen and has not established the cause of the problem.
3 proven funds:
- Chamomile solution. Applied for rinsing. You need to buy dry flowers of plants, pour them with a glass of water and boil at least 10 minutes. After fixing rinse mouth up to three times a day.
- Solution of the Hypericum. We need two tablespoons of a dry plant. They are filled with two glasses of already heated water and boiled for 10 minutes. The frequency of rinsing is the same as the chamomile.
- Aloe. Apply wrapped in a sterile bandage to the magazine of the leaves of the plant to the place of inflammation twice a day.
Well shows itself and a classic solution of soda and salt.
The doctor may advise you to use specially selected toothpastes, in which there is a large percentage of the content of useful vegetable components, as well as chlorhexidine, bisabol, allantoin.
Among the most common recommendations, pasta such as Lacalut Active, Parodontax, President Exclusive.
They differ in pronounced antiseptic effect, help to get rid of microbes, calm the gums and significantly reduce inflammation.
It is important to remember that such funds are used throughout the limited time - usually up to two weeks. After that, the reception should be stopped.
There are also several special solutions that doctors recommend rinse the gums on the set schedule.
These include such as:
- Chlorhexidine. Changes with bacteria. Rinse frequency - up to 4-6 times a day.
- Fucylin. The solution will have to be prepared independently. For this, it will be enough to simply dissolve one tablet in 200 ml of water. The frequency of rinsing per day - 2-3 times.
- Rotokan. An important feature of such a means is a lot of natural natural components in it, perfectly relieving inflammation. Rinse the mouth to be up to three times a day. At the same time, it is enough just to dissolve a tablespoon of the Rotokan concentrate in the glass.
You can also use stemotophyt. Two tablespoons add to 50 ml of water.
As in the case of all other means, it is not necessary to engage in self-medication - all rinsing are performed only in coordination with the doctor.
Depending on the state of the patient, dentists can recommend other means that relieve gum inflammation.
These include the following methods:
- Massage. It is carried out at home to reduce inflammation and restore normal blood circulation in the gum area. Massage can be carried out both with fingers and using special brushes recommended by dentist.
- Reception of vitamins. The three most popular types of vitamins are A, RR and D. Also, the patient may need to use complexes with a large content of calcium and phosphorus.
- Medical treatment. It is used only on the recommendation of the doctor - he discharges the necessary drugs. These include such as Flemoclav, Metronidazole, Ciprofloxin and others.
In the most difficult and launched cases, surgical treatment is used. There are several options for work - the open-ended method, the patchwork, the excision of the hood.
In order not to bring to surgery, you need to be attentive to your body and turn to a dentist at first signs of problems with the gums.
Many patients are trying to quickly remove the inflammation of the gums at home. But this is not enough, the process continues, and serious complications come.
The most common belongs to the suppuration and infection of the roots. Both of these manifestations have a significant negative impact on the body and may cause tooth removal.
Methods of prevention
In order not to encounter such a problem, it is worth paying special attention to the choice of the right prevention tools.
These include such as:
- Proper oral hygiene. It is worth carefully treating the tools you use. Better consult with a dentist on how the brush, toothpaste, the rinse will suit you the best. Also worth paying attention to the methods of cleaning, think if you do not injure the gums. At the same time, hygiene should be regular. If you have a tendency to the increased formation of plaque and increasing the dental stone, regularly attend the dentist for professional cleaning.
- Treat disease. The diseases of the oral cavity in the launched state lead to a strong gum damage. Therefore, you should not wait for the moment when the surgery becomes the only solution to the situation.
- Strengthen immunity. The list of measures includes a healthy lifestyle, a balanced diet, use of vitamins and microelements.
People from the risk group - patients with diabetes and other systemic lesions of the body, you need to be particularly careful and attentive to your body. Do not neglect a periodic visit to the dentist for prevention.
If the inflammation began, in the Novodenty clinic, the doctor will develop an effective set of measures to combat it. Convenient location, a team of experienced dentists - all this attracts to us patients from Khimki, Kurkino, Novogorsk and other cities.
To get to the first reception to the dentist, leave an application on the site or call us.
How rinse mouth when inflammation of gums
Rinsering the gums at inflammation is simultaneously hygienic and therapeutic procedure. In its process, residues of food from interdigible spaces are removed, the surface of the gums is cleared, itching, irritation, redness, painfulness is removed. For rinsing, you can use ready-made pharmacy preparations, self-cooked herbal decoctions, healing infusions and solutions.
Very convenient and easy to use. Pharmacy chains and solutions for rinsing perfectly stop the inflammatory process, eliminate pain, burning, itching, completely disinfected the surface of the mucous, eliminating pathogenic bacteria and microorganisms.
You should carefully read the instructions, since some drugs are ready for use, others require dilution.
Almost all pharmaceutical agents have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, painkillers on the inflamed surface.
The most effective antiseptics intended for rinsing are:
- chlorhexidine (apply after each meal before full recovery);
- Furacilin (use 2-3 times a day);
- Miramistin (rinse 3-4 times a day);
- chlorophyllipt (rinse the mouth with diluted alcohol solution three times a day).
Excellent anti-inflammatory effect have the following rinsing agents:
- Rotokan (rinse the gums until inflammation passes);
- hydrogen peroxide (dissolve 1 tablespoon in half a glass of water, rinse twice a day);
Possess a pronounced painkillers such drugs:
- Malavit (10 drops on a glass of water, apply for rinsing daily during the week);
- "Forest Balsam" (Apply after each meal before the disappearance of symptoms).
Their preparation requires some skill and basic knowledge of medicinal herbs. The first thing you need to do at home, if the gums inflamed - to prepare a decoction with an anti-inflammatory and painkillery effect.
Herbal decrains can not be stored for a long time, as they lose their properties. Preferably prepare fresh daily.
Some herbs have good antibacterial properties, among them:
- calendula (one spoonful of flowers pour 200 ml of boiling water, let it stand, apply for rinsing);
- chamomile (2 spoons brew in a glass of boiled water, rinse the oral cavity).
Anti-inflammatory and painkillers differ:
- sage (in a glass of boiling water to fervent one spoon of flowers, rinse the mouth after eating);
- Yarrow (2 spoons of inflorescences boil in half of the liter of water for 15 minutes, strain, take the mouths of the pockets several times a day).
Binding and strengthening effects are different:
- Oak bark (handful of crushed bark cook 30 minutes, strain, cool, use for rinsing);
- hunther (Alcohol infusion of inflorescences Dissolve in water, rinse your teeth and gums).
Ointment and gels
A good therapeutic effect of local applications have a good therapeutic effect. The cream, ointment or gel from the gum inflammation has local anesthesia, envelops the mucous protective film, which prevents bleeding, soreness, strengthening the inflammatory process. With their help you can get rid of itching, burning, swelling.
In case of diseases, the gums of ointments and gels should be applied to the inflamed surface at least 2-3 times a day, pre-rolling the mouth with an antiseptic solution or herbic decoction. Consider the most popular and efficient preparations.
Designed to treat inflammatory processes. It has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and anesthetic effect, it takes itching and burning. Apply twice a day, pre-clean the mouth cavity from food residues.
Produced in the form of gel and ointment. The gel is shown for open abrasions, wounds, yazens, ointment - for closed inflammatory processes. Promotes the speedy regeneration of the mucous membrane, has anesthetic effect. Apply 2-3 times a day.
Effective thanks to the corn oil included in its composition, which envelops the inflamed surface with a protective film. Helps to remove pain, possesses healing properties. It is applied by massaging movements 3-4 times a day.
Anesthetic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory gel instant action. The relief of the state is felt after a couple of minutes after applying and lasts a few hours. Rub on the surface of the gum 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days.
The drug with a pronounced antimicrobial, anti-lobby, analgesic effect. Its propolis enters its composition provides an antiseptic effect, contributes to the restoration of damaged tissues, prevents the bleeding of the gums. It is applied not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity.
ToothpasteAnti-inflammatory toothpastes for gums
The rapid treatment of gum inflammation at home is impossible without the use of special dental pastes with simultaneously hygienic and therapeutic properties. They are well cleansed by the oral cavity from food residues, destroy pathogenic bacteria, strengthen gums, prevent their bleeding.
Dentists do not advise the use of therapeutic pasta constantly, the course of treatment should not exceed one month, then take a break.
Pharmacy hygiene includes active ingredients, extracts of medicinal herbs, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory composite. The most popular dentists for the gum are "Parodontax", Lakalut, "President".
Combines fluorine, mineral salts, active ingredients, herbal components. It includes extracts of echinacea, peppermint, sage, mirra, chamomile, rathania. Prevents bleeding gums, helps to stop the inflammatory process. It is recommended for daily applications to adults and children over 12 years old.
It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anticipatic effects, contributes to the strengthening of dental enamel and gum, removal of the dental plaque. It is used to treat and prevent the diseases of the oral cavity (gingivitis, periodontitis, stomatitis, caries). It is recommended for applying the therapeutic course: 30 days to use the lacalut paste, after which it takes a break for 2-3 months and re-conduct the course of therapy.
Therapeutic toothpaste on an emulsion basis, effective in the treatment of gum inflammation, has an anticarious, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, regenerating effect. It includes propolis and hexetidine. Use daily, in the morning and in the evening.
Antibiotics, immunocormers, antihistamines, vitamins, trace elements are used to treat gums inflammation. Comprehensive treatment of the disease includes a combination of various medicines, as well as the use of folk anti-inflammatory agents.
Under the inflammation of the gums in the patient's oral cavity, pathogenic bacteria actively multiplies, antibacterial preparations of a wide range of action are used to combat the antibacterial drugs.
You can not independently make a decision on the reception of antibiotics, and only a dentist can be assigned to them!
Antibiotics have indications and contraindications, so only the doctor has the right to decide on the therapeutic dose, the duration of treatment, recommended by the medicine. When self-treatment is high, the likelihood of overdose, receiving inappropriate tablets.
The most commonly designated drugs are:
These are modern antimicrobial means of a wide range of exposure to a group of lincoosamide. Easily endured by a human body, usually do not cause side effects.
Detailed description of antibacterial drugs Read in articles - antibiotics with gum diseases, pills for gums.
Immocormers and antihistamines
The main purpose of immunocorrectors is the strengthening of the protective properties of the human body, bringing the immune system in "combat readiness". In inflammatory diseases, "Imudon", "Transfer factor", "Ribominyl" is often used. They have an anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory effect, activate the immune responses of the body, effective in diseases of the oral cavity, LOR-organs.
Antihistamines are prescribed simultaneously with the intake of antibiotics in order to prevent the occurrence of allergic reactions. Diazoline, Tuese, Erius, Phenolic, not causing a sedative effect are effective.
Vitamins and trace elements
Replenishment of the body with vitamins and trace elements will strengthen the gums and reduce the bleeding One of the reasons for the occurrence of gum inflammation is the lack of vitamins and trace elements. For the treatment of the disease, the doctor necessarily prescribes special vitamin complexes, which includes vitamin C. It helps strengthen the gums, decrease in bleeding, prevents the increase in the inflammatory process.
A good effect is assisted by Askorutin, which includes ascorbic and rutin.
We told how to remove the inflammation of the gums at home, what means should be used. It remains only to add that it is desirable before starting treatment to consult with a dentist to avoid the unwanted consequences of self-medication.
How to treat inflamed gums - tips on the treatment of inflamed gums
Tips for the treatment of inflamed gums include an increase in the hygiene level of the oral cavity (cleaning twice a day and the introduction of a regular cleaning tooth cleaning regime), the use of cold products to reduce swelling (for example, frozen fruits, ice cubes) and the appeal to the dentist, which can Appoint anti-inflammatory drugs. The dentist will also eliminate any root causes (for example, gingivitis).
How to treat inflamed gums
The swollen or inflamed gums can act on the base of the tooth - this increase in the surface area of the gum can mean an increased probability of irritation when eating and enhancing the sensation of edema and pulsation. Patients may also notice that the gums become more susceptible to bleeding (during food or teeth cleaning).
Tips for the treatment of inflamed gums at home:
- Rinse with salted water to alleviate the symptoms.
- Clean your teeth twice a day and enter the regular cleaning mode to the dental thread.
- Use anti-inflammatory and painkillers in accordance with the instructions.
The pain in the gum can be caused by the accumulation of acid caused by the presence of harmful bacteria in the mouth. In limited cases, for example, when inflammation is associated with partially cut tooth of wisdom, for example, the rinse of the mouth with salt water is useful for maintaining the purity of the area, which is useful in the overall healing process.
Cleaning twice a day and the introduction of regular cleaning mode to the dental floss can help remove any harmful bacteria that can cause gum inflammation. Cleaning a soft brush at an angle of 45 degrees will help remove bacteria between the teeth, while reducing the irritation of the gums. Specially designed mouth rinse fluid for inflamed gums will also help reduce symptoms.
This applies only to the inflamed gums in relation to the teeth of wisdom. In all other cases, the inflammation of the gums (that is, not associated with the teeth of wisdom) in most cases is painless. Thus, patients who experience inflamed gums are recommended to make an appointment to the dentist as soon as possible to establish the cause of pain.
Patients should be aware that the gum pain may be associated with such factors as sinusitis (requiring the appointment of antibiotics), an abscess (potentially requiring root channels) or the late stage of the gum disease, which has spread to the bone (periodontitis). These conditions are unlikely to pass without professional medical treatment at the dentist.
Causes of inflammation of the gums
The reasons for the appearance of inflamed gums can be freely grouped into three categories (some complex problems can be associated with several reasons in different categories). The first two types of long-term problems can be considered as associated with the oral hygiene or not associated with the oral hygiene. Other reasons for gum inflammation are associated with more brief "temporary" problems (for example, due to injury).
Tied with the hygiene oral cavity causes of gum inflammation
Gingivitis is an early stage of the gum disease caused by the cluster on the teeth of sticky residues called the dental flare. Where it is not removed by regular tooth cleaning, the dental flare can multiply - the danger is that the dental flare contains harmful bacteria that can damage enamel, cause an unpleasant smell of mouth and in some cases lead to a painful gum infection, which will require treatment at the dentist.
Where gingivitis is not treated, periodontitis may occur. This is a deeper problem that can cause bone destruction, abscesses and detachment of gums from the tooth. In the aggregate, these symptoms are likely to lead to possible loss of tooth.
The destruction of the tooth occurs when sugars falling in a dental flare on the surface of the tooth turn into acid. This leads to two notable results. The first result is a hole in the tooth (caries). The second is the reproduction of bacteria causing an infection in the surrounding soft tissues. It is experiencing a patient as inflamed gums.
Not related to the hygiene oral cavity reasons inflammation of the gums
- Pain in the gums because of "Gingivita during pregnancy"
- Associated with stress inflamed gums
Pregnancy is often accompanied by swollen or inflamed gums (known as gingivitis during pregnancy). The condition is caused by hormonal changes in the mother, which lead to an increase in blood flow. This reinforced blood flow may affect the "thin" soft tissues, such as the inner part of the mouth, making gums sensitive and, therefore, susceptible to pain.
Stress is a frequently transmitted factor that can cause gum inflammation. In stress, the body produces cortisol (multifunctional hormone, boosting blood sugar, stimulating muscles and brain). Cortisol can cause inflammation of tissues, which is often manifested in the form of swollen or inflamed gums that are susceptible to irritation and bleeding.
Temporary causes of gum inflammation
- Sharp cleaning that scratches and annoying gums
- Minor infection as a result of temporary bad oral hygiene
- Tough tooth thread compressing gums from teeth or jaw
Temporary problems that will be allowed over time can also include poorly adapted toothputs. Patients experiencing any discomfort in the gums, which is associated with a poorly adapted dental device (for example, such as traditional metal braces, transparent plastic equalizers or a latch), should appeal to the dentist for help solving.
Symptoms of inflamed gums
Patients may experience the gums pain in different ways. It is important to remember that any discomfort in the gums, which has no direct and obvious cause, may be the result of a potentially more serious main problem, such as a dental abscess - always attend the dentist in the case of constant pain in the gums.
Symptoms of inflamed gums include:
- Changing the gum color - for example, redness
- Localized bleeding when cleaning with brushed / dental thread
- "Pumps" appear on the gum near the place of pain
- Local edema that can spread to jaw, cheeks, throat and face
- Pulsation in the affected area of the gums (noticeable with a dream at night)
The content of the article:
The oral cavity is a peculiar gate of the body. Every day its mucosa is exposed to negative factors internal and external environment. Having restrained their onslaught, the oral mucosa can be inflated, covered with ulcers, wounds and other lesions. Stomatitis occurs - the dental disease, the severity of which is underestimated by most patients.
What is stomatitis?
Stomatitis - inflammation of the oral mucosa. According to statistics, about 20% of the population of our planet is facing. In adults and children, he can take the form of an independent disease or act as a symptom indicating the pathology of the body. In both cases, treatment is carried out comprehensively and under the supervision of the doctor.
What does the disease look like?
Recognize stomatitis is easy. The initial stage of the disease is characterized by the appearance of a light swelling of the mucous membrane. It becomes more red, dry and shiny. On its surface, a flaw can appear on its surface, and in the place of future defeats the patient feels an unpleasant itching or burning.
As the disease develops, small ulcers and wounds appear on the mucous membranes - painful lesions of oval or round form. The location of their localization can be the inner side of the lips, cheeks, sky area, almonds or mucosa under the tongue. Their appearance can be considered in the photo at the end of our article.
Causes of Stomatitis
The mechanism of the appearance of stomatitis is not fully studied. But scientists tend to believe that its root cause is the reaction of the human immune system to various irritants. At some point, immunity ceases to recognize the potential threat of internal and external factors, which causes its atypical reaction, as a result of which the "aggressive behavior" of lymphocytes is observed. The attack of lymphocytes against the molecules of irritants and leads to the lesions of the mucous membrane.
Conduct an atypical immune system reaction can a wide variety of factors. The most likely of them are the following stimuli:
- Path-made microorganisms living in the mouth.
- Incorrect oral hygiene.
- Different damage to the mucous membrane, for example, burns while taking too hot food or mechanical injuries from seeds, nuts, crackers and other solid products.
- General dehydration of the body due to high temperature, blood loss, vomiting, diarrhea or thirst.
- Poor-quality treatment of teeth and gums.
- Allergic reaction to dental structures in the mouth - braces, implants, crowns, bridges, and so on.
- Long use of medicines.
- Diet, depleted with useful vitamins and elements.
- Malignant formation of the oral cavity, respiratory organs or passage of chemotherapy courses.
- Hormonal malfunctions in the body, for example, in pregnant women or children during puberty.
- The presence of chronic diseases or allergies.
- Strong stress.
Interesting to know! The frequent stomatitis in adults can be due to the use of toothpaste with the content of sodium lauryl sulfate - the substance added to the care of the oral cavity to form a thick foam. According to the latest research, it dehydrates the mouth mucosa and makes it vulnerable to various kinds of irritants. Patient observation data is confirmed by the fact that the refusal to use pasta with sodium lauryl sulfate allows to reduce the risk of stomatitis in adults by 81%.
Symptoms of the disease
Stomatitis may occur at any age. In the early periods, its flow is accompanied by swelling, redness and dryness of the mucous membrane. The main sign of the disease is the presence of one or multiple ulcers and their appearance.
- Oval or round shape of ulcers.
- Small sizes.
- Smooth edges.
- The presence of a thin gray or white film in the central part of the ulcer.
- The ulcer is surrounded slightly reddish halo.
- The tissue of the mucosa around the lesion is normal, healthy appearance.
Easy itching or burning sensation that the patient experienced illness at the beginning of the disease is replaced by painful sensations. Ulcers hurt during meals, when conversing and a wide smile. Any touch towards them causes pain, which complicates the conduct of hygiene measures and leads to the appearance of unpleasant smell of mouth.
On average, the disease lasts from 4 to 14 days. Its clinical picture depends on the individual characteristics of the body, forms and type of disease. During this period, in addition to the main signs of pathology, other symptoms of the disease may be observed.
- Increasing the temperature - during the first days, until the appearance of characteristic ulcers (in the severe form of stomatitis, the elevated temperature is maintained throughout the disease).
- General malaise and fast fatigue.
- Lack of appetite (especially in children).
- An increase in lymph nodes (in rare cases).
It is important to remember! Strong inflammation, toothache or high temperature for a long time indicate a severe shape of stomatitis or the development of its complications. In this case, immediate medical care is needed, and if necessary, the patient's hospitalization is possible.
Can Stomatitis go?
As a rule, light forms of the disease caused by injured mucous membranes, poor oral hygiene or an allergic response of the body can be passed independently. Strong stomatitis caused by the penetration of infection requires qualified treatment. And in that, and in another case, it is better not to wait and not engage in self-medication. Since the disease not only causes pain and discomfort, but also can lead to the generalization of infection and serious complications.
Consequences and complications of the disease
Possible complications occur in the case when the patient ignores the treatment of stomatitis. As a result, the lungs and severe forms of the disease are taken chronic. The launched process passes into the ulcerative-necrotic, and then the gangrenous form of the disease, as a result of which not only the mucosa, but also soft tissues of the mouth, and the jaw bones are damaged.
Among other major consequences of unbearable stomatitis, the following complications can be distinguished.
- Bleeding gums.
- Scarring of the oral mucosa, violation of its elasticity and mobility.
- Attaching a secondary infection.
- Loss of teeth.
- Voice changes - hoarseness, malfunction.
Important to remember! Little yaser on the mucous membrane is a potential threat to the entire body. The infection of it can spread to other organs and systems that violates the function of the heart, liver, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract and respiratory.
How to treat stomatitis at home?
Effective treatment of stomatitis involves a set of activities aimed at achieving five goals:
- stopping the inflammatory process;
- elimination of pain;
- maintenance of oral hygiene;
- Ever healing of defeat;
- Strengthening immunity.
For this, the patient is prescribed anti-inflammatory, painkillers, disinfectants, antibacterial, antihistamines and other drugs. The choice of funds directly depends on the shape and type of illness.
Regardless of the type of stomatitis, the treatment of the disease should begin with the cavity of the oral cavity - the procedure for careful cleansing of the mucous membrane. For this purpose, rinsing can be used with the use of various solutions based on the following means.
- Asepta rinser.
- Hydrogen peroxide.
- Alizaric ointment.
- Interferon ointment.
- Oxalin ointment.
- Tabrofen ointment.
Further choice of funds and drugs directly depends on the type of stomatitis and its form.
Treatment of allergic stomatitis
Antihistamines are actively applied to the effective treatment of stomatitis of allergic nature.
Reception of immunostimulating agents.
Important! Before the start of taking antihistamine and immunostimulating funds, you need consultation of the attending physician.
Herpetic or herchain
In the treatment of herpes stomatitis, it is necessary to adopt antiviral drugs. As a rule, these are ointments that lubricate the affected section of the mucous membrane or pill for intake.
Important! Reception of antiviral funds is carried out only by appointment of a doctor.
Treatment of this species involves taking antibacterial agents. The patient can recommend the following drugs.
- Metrogil Denta.
- Sodium Tetrobrath.
- Flexin SOLUTAB.
- Hexoral TABS.
- Vinylin (Balsam Shostakovsky).
- Nystatin (in tablets) or nistasy ointment.
- Boric acid.
- Methylene blue solution.
- Sanitation of the oral cavity.
- Reception of antibiotics, antihistamine preparations and painkillers.
- Use of funds for the speedy healing of ulcers.
- Alum quiz.
- Iodine solution.
- The solution of manganese.
- Tantuum Verde.
- Asepta gel.
- Aloe juice - Fresh juice is used to lubricate lesions.
- Calanechoe juice - Fresh juice lubrication juice.
- Garlic juice - for lubrication of the affected sections of mucous membranes and rims, grated garlic are used, mixed with warm water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- The solution of calendula - the alcohol solution is bred by water for regular rinsing of the oral cavity or rims.
- Soda solution - for rinsing. For the preparation of the solution use 1 tsp. Soda on 200 g of warm water.
- Weak salt solution - for rinsing 1 tsp. Salts are dissolved in 200 g of warm water.
- Oak bark decoction - for rinsing.
- Broth onion husk - for rinsing or rims.
- A chamomile decoction - for rinsing.
- The decoction of flax seeds - for rinsing.
- Tea tree oil - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing 5 - 7 drops per 200 g of water. For lubrication and rims can be used in pure form.
- Black cumin oil - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing, lubrication and rims. 7 - 10 drops on 200 g of water or in pure form.
- Rosehip oil - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing, lubrication and rims. 10 - 15 drops on 200 g of water or pure.
- Sea buckthorn oil - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing, lubrication and rims. 15 - 20 drops per 200 g of water or in pure form.
- Honey solution - for rinsing or stations 1 tbsp. Honey is bred in 200 g of warm water.
- Fresh carrot juice - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing, freshly squeezed juice is diluted with water, in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Propolis - the finished alcohol solution is bred by water in a 1: 1 ratio and used for rinsing.
- Raw egg protein - for appliqués or for making solutions for rinsing. For this, 1 protein is whipped in 100 g of clean water room temperature.
- Silver water - for regular rinsing oral cavity.
- Infusion of tea mushroom - for rinsing.
- Sticks from grated raw potatoes - Fresh tubers Truth for producing juice, which is used for a skimmer.
For the convenience of applying and achieving a speedy recovery, the specialist determines the expediency of using one or another form of the drug - gel, solution or tablet. In the case of severe disease, the patient may appoint antibiotics.
Important! Self-treatment with antibiotics is categorically prohibited! Preparations of this group are accepted exclusively by appointing a doctor!
Catarial and Catarist Hemorrhagic
For the treatment of catarrhal stomatitis, anti-inflammatory drugs and agents accelerating the healing of ulcers are used.
Important! Preparations for speedy healing can be used with all types of stomatitis.
In the treatment of candidiasis, special attention is paid to the choice of antifungal drugs.
Also during the treatment of fungal disease, it is advisable to use the following anti-inflammatory drugs.
For timely removal of the resulting plaque, you can use such funds.
Mixed in a solution with a cotton disk, regularly and gently remove the accumulated flare.
Treatment of ulcerative stomatitis
Treatment of ulcerative form is carried out comprehensively and includes the following events.
In the event of an increase in temperature, antipyretic agents are taken.
For effective drying, the following means that have formed AFT can use the following means.
After removing dry crusts and disinfection of the oral cavity, drugs that accelerate the healing of an ulcer can be used.
With severe soreness of ulcers use painkillers. To ensure their uniform applying to the mucous membrane, you can choose spray.
No less efficiently eliminate pain sprinkling aerosol syndrome.
You can lubricate the place of damage to painkillers.
Important! Get rid of stomatitis using painkillers will not work. But they facilitate meals and medical procedures.
For treatment, you can use the means of traditional medicine. The following juices, decoctions, oils and infusions have proven itself well.
Juice and oils can neatly lubricate the affected plots of mucous membranes. Grass solutions and champs are used for regular rinsing of the oral cavity.
Important! Before using the funds of traditional medicine, a doctor's counseling is needed. Only a specialist can determine the feasibility of their use without harm to health. The use of folk remedies does not cancel the main therapy, but only complements its effect.
Treatment of stomatitis laser
Treatment with a laser is recommended in case of severe form or chronic disease. The directional impact of the laser allows you to quickly and painlessly eliminate one or more ulcers and reduce recovery period. In the treatment of a laser, the risk of recurrence is minimized.
How many days does the treatment last?
Proper, competent treatment of stomatitis significantly speeds up the process of recovery. Depending on the type of disease, it lasts within 3 - 7 days. If, after 1 weeks of treatment, the signs of the disease did not disappear or there is a worsening, then, most likely the patient has complications. The following factors may be likely the causes of its development.
- The patient was self-medication or did not follow the prescription of the doctor.
- Reduced immunity.
- The presence of chronic diseases of the body.
- Regular injury or infection of the mucous membrane.
- Not detected allergy.
- Having harmful habits - smoking, loosening, etc.
- State depression or frequent stress.
- Incorrect oral hygiene.
- Uncontrollable drug intake.
- The use of hygiene products for the oral cavity with the content of sodium lauryl sulfate.
Returning to the question - whether Stomatitis can go by himself - it should be noted that at first glance, a harmless illness can turn into serious problems for the patient. Therefore, three "not" should be remembered - not self-medicate not postpone a visit to a specialist and not Ignore the recommendations of the attending physician.
How to understand that stomatitis passed?
Very simple! The lack of lesions of the mucous membrane indicates a complete cure. On the cheek, in the sky, on the lip, in the language and in the field of almonds there are no small ulcers, a wound and a laid. The mucousness looks healthy, well moistened, does not cause pain and does not create discomfort while eating, conversation, smiles and hygienic procedures.
Types of stomatitis in adults
The clinical picture of the disease indicates that stomatitis can pass in light or severe form, have an acute or chronic course. To facilitate the diagnosis and treatment process, specialists have developed the following classification of the disease.
- Allergic - As a rule, a chronic disease arising from an allergic reaction of the body to an irritant. In addition to the characteristic ulcers, it may be accompanied by the appearance on the mucous membranes of white spots, bubbles and small hemorrhages.
- Herpetic or herchain - The disease occurs due to the humanism of herpes virus pathogen. Stomatitis of this variety is characterized by a sharp flow. On the surface of the mucosa, bubbles appear, which are opened with the formation of erosions and crusts.
- Traumatic (bacterial) - The consequence of mechanical injury of the oral mucosa and the penetration of infection into the wound. As a rule, the disease occurs in a slight form, with characteristic signs characteristic of stomatitis.
- Catarial and Catarist Hemorrhagic - The light shape of stomatitis, the reasons for which the poor oral hygiene becomes becoming the development of candidiasis, decrease in immunity or tract pathology. The disease is accompanied by a typical clinical picture.
- Candadose (fungal) stomatitis - Acute form of the disease, the so-called thrush caused by the vital activity of the Bacteria of the genus Candida. Most often occurs in small children, older people and patients abusing antibiotic intake. Accompanied by the appearance of white plaque on the mucous membrane, a feeling of burning and an unpleasant taste in the mouth.
- Ulcery - severe form of the disease arising independently or due to complication of the catarrhal flow of stomatitis. It occurs with an increase in body temperature and an increase in lymph nodes. The appeared ulcers are very painful, they can combine and form extensive lesions of the mucous membrane.
- Aphtose Stomatitis - A severe form of the disease flowing acutely or chronic form. Accompanied by the advent of single or multiple gray-white ulcers. Ulcers are surrounded by red halo and very painful.
It's important to know! Analyzing the state of the oral mucosa, the nature of the ulcers and the patient's complaints, the specialists unmistakably determine the type of stomatitis and put an accurate diagnosis. Due to this, the treatment of the disease passes quickly and without complications.
Is stomatitis affected and how is it transmitted?
Stomatitis is not indifferent. The exception is the disease caused by herpes virus. It can pass through a kiss, through blood, air-droplet or with direct contact with the patient patient.
What doctor to contact Stomatit?
If the first signs of the lesion of the mucous membrane should be immediately applied to the dentist's doctor. After the differential diagnosis of the disease and the formulation of an accurate diagnosis, it is possible to observe a physician of the therapist or another profile specialist, for example, a doctor of an allergist.
Do not ignore preventive visits to the dentist.
It is enough to attend a specialist 1 - 2 times a year, which will allow you to reveal any dental problem at an early stage of development. So, its elimination will pass quickly, easily and without complications.
By clicking the "Order Call" button you agree toPersonal data processing policies
How to distinguish stomatitis from other diseases?
The main sign of stomatitis is the presence of characteristic ulcers, the fabric around which they look healthy. The disease is rarely accompanied by systemic symptoms and, as a rule, is repeated from time to time. For a competent specialist, it is not difficult to distinguish stomatitis from other ailments.
With angina, the body temperature always increases. At the same time, the ulcers themselves are hurt, but the area of the throat. With visual inspection of the gland look swollen, inflamed and red.
The problem is that herpetic stomatitis is one of the manifestations of herpes. The viral disease is accompanied by the formation of characteristic bubbles that burst and dry. With other types of stomatitis, the nature of the ulcers is completely different.
Ulcers when cancer of the oral mucosa do not pass independently after treatment. Over time, they increase in size, can be bleed and root.
Candidal stomatitis is a thrush caused by the vital activity of the genus Candida. In all other cases, the nature of the disease will be different, and easily distinguish between the thrush in the presence of characteristic ulcers.
When infected with syphilis on the surface of the mucous, a red stain appears. Gradually, it is compacted, takes the shape of a dense nodule and is ulcerated - a typical solid chancre is formed, which is absolutely not similar to ulcers during stomatitis.
Recommendations during treatment
Treatment of stomatitis should be carried out complex - local therapy, the reception of medication drugs corresponding to the view of the disease and the strengthening of immunity. During the treatment period, it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations.
- Compliance with diet - It is necessary to exclude sharp, salty, acidic, too sweet, smoked, hot, cold and any injured mucous meals too sweet, smoked, hot, cold and any injured mucous meal.
- Compliance with oral hygiene . To maintain it, it is necessary to use antiseptic funds that regularly clamp mouth.
- Reception of vitamin and mineral complexes strengthening the protective functions of the body.
If the doctor diagnosed the presence of candidoid stomatitis, then it is impossible to drink milk and eat fermented milk products that activate the vital activity of pathogenic fungi.
Any medication should be used only by appointment of a doctor. Especially antibiotics.
It's important to know! It is not recommended to catch the ulcers that appeared with clean alcohol solutions. The only thing that is allowed is the processing of lesions with a weak solution of iodine or manganese.
To avoid the emergence of stomatitis and its recurrence, follow the following recommendations.
- Observe the cavity of the mouth.
- Refuse the use of funds with the content of sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Wrap the mouth mucosa from injury.
- For the treatment of teeth and gums to turn to experienced qualified specialists.
- Balance your diet in favor of useful food.
- Strengthen immunity.
- Carefully refer to their physical health and psycho-emotional state - if necessary, seek help from specialists.
And do not forget that herpesy stomatitis can be transmitted from a person to a person - follow the rules of hygiene.
Author: Elena Grunina Doctor dentist-therapist, endodontist. Work experience for more than 9 years. Information is reference. Before treatment requires a doctor consultation.